Saturday, April 4, 2009

Today's exploration day! (Digging Tom Delonge's inspiration and influence in creating conceptual AVA albums!)

Started by jogging in Sabuga, 10 o'clock in the morning for 7 lap, I went home and starting to open my laptop. Started by watching 2001: A Space Odyssey, that I got from my friend, and exploring its story and plot from Wikipedia. That is a very conceptual and grandiose movie, but in the other hand, it also has an "abstract" story, so I have to explore the plot again in Wikipedia after I watch the movie. :)

FYI, this is the movie that highly influence Tom Delonge in concepting Angels and Airwaves. He quoted in an interview with Larry King for AVA's first album release.



Next is about exploring other movies that could apparently influence Tom Delonge in creating conceptually Angels and Airwaves albums. Tom is often issuing about space, and science fiction as the concept, so I tried to explore movies that related to the segment. Apparently movies like Star Wars & ET gives pretty big inspiration to AVA. You can see the list of movies about outer space here. Seeing that Tom has a hobby of watching movies, no wonder that all of his song themes whether in Blink 182 or in AVA, often related to movie themes.

In the evening, I started to explore... my own Facebook. :) replying friends wall, chatting, sending birthday greet, etc. Well, Facebook has changed many people life today to spend most of his time in 2 dimensional screen.

No comments: