Sunday, October 12, 2008

Eyang Retno Sriningsih passed away

Inalillahi wa inna ilaihi rajiun

My grandmother from my mother side, Retno Sriningsih Satmoko binti Martosudirmo just passed away on Friday, October 10th 2008 in Semarang, Central Java, at 19.45 because of her illness. She has total 10 children and 25 grandchildren at the age of 77. All of our family and relatives attended the funeral on October 11th at Bergota Cemetery that afternoon. I personally informed the information to my friends and others that related to my grandmother that I know.

The news spread to friends and family very quickly, and personally, I went straight from Bandung to Jakarta in evening to catch the flight to Semarang, the next morning. I arrived at Semarang with my sister Indri, and my cousins Yoni and Santi at 07.15. We went to Jl. Kelud Raya no. 4 by taxi and met our other relatives. Thanks God, we still got the chance to read Surat Yasin and Shalat Jenazah for Eyang Putri Satmoko.

Still "sungkeman" at Idul Fitri

After my grandfather passed away 2 years ago, my grandmother started to be sick because of being feeling lonely. She fast everyday and often without sahur that periodically decrease her health. Moreover, she has a tumor in her stomach just a few months ago, although the surgery successful. She actually has enough physical health to live normal, but feeling being left by her husband still defect her health after all.

We still did "sungkeman" (traditional culture of forgiving and giving and receiving wise advice from the old to the young that usually held in Lebaran Idul Fitri day after finishing 30 days of fasting for the Muslims) and meet and greet just a week ago at 2nd and 3rd of October, and Eyang Putri (the name we usually called my grandmother) still gave us wise advices to keep Satmoko family to be solid and harmony to do the best in helping other people in a good way.

The funeral

Actually, my Eyang Putri was involved in Indonesian veteran and was a "guru besar" of Universitas Negeri Semarang. So the funeral was organized by both the university and the military way. The corpse was brought first to the Masjid Universitas Negeri Semarang to do the Shalat Jenazah, than to the auditorium of (Unnes) to be honored as one of Indonesian education person who struggle especially for the Unnes by the president of (Unnes).

I hope all of the good things that my grandmother did is being blessed by Allah SWT, forgiven all of her mistakes, and placed in the best heaven.

Goodbye Eyang Satmoko Putri! :')

Edited in Jakarta, 11/11/08 by Aunt Parlin

No comments: