Sunday, September 21, 2008

SBM-ITB Sahur on the Road 2008

Yesterday, I woke up in 2.15 in the morning by a phone call from my friend Egan.

“Yok, you’ve listed to join Sahur on the Road right? Come to Ganesha Road in front of ITB now. We are going to share the sahur foods.”

“Ok. I’ll be there soon.”

With haven’t taken any shower yet, I prepared myself for Sahur on the Road with double shirts covered by hooded jacket, long jeans, and my New Balance shoes to hold the coldness of Bandung early in the morning. I just realized that actually, my hand was freezing on the road by riding my Honda Karisma X to the site. I arrived at the front gate of ITB for about 2.30 and I’m amazed that there were already a lot of cars parked at the front gate.

Share the sahur foods

The committee which headed by my friend Wildan, listed 12 cars to spread the sahur foods, but actually, there are more cars attended to join Sahur on the Road which are about 14-15 cars. The cars divided into 3 teams to be spread into 3 sites in Bandung, and got the Ciumbuleuit and Pasopati Bridge’s sites. I decided to join Kibar’s car to do the spread it because actually, the cold weather is unbearable to ride with my motorcycle. :) So, with Misykat as the lead car, we started to go convoy to the site.

We passed the back gate of ITB, and I saw there was also a car convoy from another major in ITB, and it looks like from Geodesy major. Looks like, they were doing Sahur on the Road too. :) We passed along the Ciumbeuleuit road, but we didn’t find any vagrants to be given. So we decided to move along to the Pasopati Bridge. After we arrived there, we parked our cars and search for people who live below the bridge who might be in needed. Actually, there was nobody below the bridge that made us decided to walk more to Jl. Tamansari, but before we went to tamansari, we gave some sahur foods to the workers who was repairing damaged roads near Pasopati Bridge.

In Tamansari, we found some becak (Indonesian traditional public transportation like 3 wheels bicycle that could ride up to 2 persons in front of it) riders who’re still sleeping. We woke them up and gave them the sahur foods to run the fasting. As we move accross the road, we found taxi driver and warung keeper who are in needed that we decided to gave them the sahur foods also.

Trip to Tangkuban Perahu

The time has shown 3.15 after we finished sharing up the sahur foods to the people on the road. We decided to go back to Jl. Ganesha ITB to have sahur together. After we finished sahur at 4 o’clock, Wildan told each car to prepare to go to Tangkuban Perahu to see the sunrise together. This time, I didn’t ride Kibar’s car anymore because Wildan told me to join with his car with Egan.

We stop at a mosque which I think its Masjid Raya Lembang to pray Subuh together. We continue to go to Tangkuban Perahu passing very dark road of Lembang, across the forest. We finally arrived at Tangkuban Perahu at about 5.20, and Alhamdulillah, we could see the sunrise together at the site.

Sunrise at Tangkuban Perahu


This is the second or third time I went to Tangkuban Perahu since the last time I was in elementary school. I still recognize the smell of the sulfur that is produce in the crater of the Tangkuban Perahu Mountain. This site is famous by the traditional Indonesian legend of Sangkuriang. The story could be read here in Indonesian.

We did a lot of photographing at the site and we all SBM-ITB gather as a group watched the sunrise together. After the sunrise was over, we decided to walk along the path of the mountain to reach one of the passive craters that we could walk on it. It took for about 15-20 minutes to reach the crater on foot, passing the road of rocks made by sulfur. Finally we arrived at the crater, and we created the word “SBM ITB” from gathering ourselves that being took the picture from the lip of the crater.

We went back to the mountain site and we closed the Sahur on the Road with a pray and “Salam Ganesha” by Egan at 8 o’clock. I, Wildan, Misykat, and Egan drove back to ITB to drop me in the front gate. I arrived at 9 o’clock in the front gate and drove home with my motorcycle. In hurry I took shower and went back to ITB to do the Jargh Vhua-Vhua that has started in 9 o’clock. :)

No comments: