Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Share

I met a person who wants to lend some money to create a business. I met him in chemical technique aisle when I want to go to the parking lot to my motorcycle. I met him because; he gave a piece of paper written “Mail of Request” in Indonesian. This person needs Rp7.000.000 to create a canteen business. But he didn’t do any proper lending from bank or form other government institution. What he does is traveling around universities in Bandung to have infaq from other people. It was very inefficient in time and energy.

What I did is, I gave him my mom’s number as the head of UKM Center Faculty of Economy UI, to lend the money from the institution. UKM Center FEUI, is a public service institution initiated by University of Indonesia to serve people in small and micro enterprise business from training, competition, until giving credits from the people who are creating business. More information you can find in www.ukm-center.org. They have the motto, "Together we develop public economy"



He told that he already work in Oktagon kiosk in ITB. But then he decided to buy the kiosk for belonging. But the coordinator said that he couldn’t. So he decided to create a canteen business based from his experience in the kiosk in other place. He already looks some opportunity in SITKOM University in Bandung. They decided to create a new building, and it seems to be a lot of students that will enter the university. So, he decided to create a canteen there after he saw that opportunity. But he doesn’t have any money to create it. After he calculates it, it counts Rp7.000.000.

I hope what I’m doing is right and brings a lot of goodness to other people.

Syariah value

After I gave him the number, I suddenly realized that I did something right that Al-Quran said. I met this person because I just walk around in ITB. I feel glad that at that time I wasn't just sitting at home in front of my laptop. There are actually a few message in Al-Quran that said about the importance to us to walk around in this earth.

Dan Kami tidak mengutus rasul-rasul sebelummu, melainkan mereka sungguh memakan makanan dan berjalan di pasar-pasar. Dan kami jadikan sebahagian kamu cobaan bagi sebahagian yang lain. Maukah kamu bersabar?; dan adalah Tuhanmu maha Melihat. Q.S. Al-Furqan: 25

The message above told that, even Prophet Muhammad SAW is walking in the market by himself. It actually true here that by walking in the market by ourself, we could meet many different kind of people, and even meeting and helping the people who are in need around us (in case my experience above).

Dan hamba-hamba Tuhan yang Maha Penyayang itu orang-orang yang berjalan di atas bumi dengan rendah hati dan apabila orang-orang jahil menyapa mereka, mereka mengucapkan kata-kata keselamatan. Q.S. Al-Furqan: 63

This message told that, a person that is being blessed by Allah SWT as a kind person, is a person that walking around the earth, and if they meet mischievous person, they will speak something about salvation.

Katakanlah: "Berjalanlah di bumi, maka perhatikanlah bagaimana Allah menciptakan dari permulaannya, kemudian Allah menjadikannya sekali lagi . Sesungguhnya Allah Maha Kuasa atas segala sesuatu. Q.S. Al-Ankabut: 20

Allah SWT, told us to walk around the earth to identify anything in this life that Allah SWT create from the beginning and than create once again, to show Allah SWT's rule in this world.

Dan janganlah kamu memalingkan mukamu dari manusia dan janganlah kamu berjalan di muka bumi dengan angkuh. Sesungguhnya Allah tidak menyukai orang-orang yang sombong lagi membanggakan diri. Q.S. Lukman: 18

But in the other hand, there is a message to respect other people when we walk around in this earth, like to not be cruel to others. Allah SWT really don't like people who are arrogant and chesty.

Katakanlah: "Berjalanlah kamu bumi, lalu perhatikanlah bagaimana akibat orang-orang yang berdosa. Q.S. An-Naml: 69

This message could be translated as "Walk around this earth and see the result of the sins." The message could be analyze that, by walking around this earth, we could see and identify the cause of doing sin in this world.

Information like HIV-AIDS as the result of doing free sex, or the poison that people absorb in doing smoking, might we already have from the research from the internet without doing walking around the earth. But sometime, experience like, for example, a family shock after they know one of their members died because of smoking, made them realized the cause of smoking that are really affect their families, and made them aware of smoking. And for example, I'm the neighbor of that family. I will be more aware of smoking after I walk to my neighbor and see the dead person by myself, than researching about the other dead person story after they smoke in the internet.

I personally thankful to Allah SWT that I could help other people by walking around the earth. Subhanallah!

No comments: